Come, pull up a seat and hang out with us for a while...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We Wish you a Merry Christmas...

Since we have failed to send out our Christmas cards for the past two years, we thought we'd do something different this year, and catch you all up by way of a family blog.

We didn't ascend any large well-known mountain, earn a Phd in any field, nor write a award-winning novel... but we sure did have a blast playing together, learning together, reading together, and laughing together.

These are the things that each of us enjoy spending our time doing:

Jeremy's first love (besides his wife, of course) is gardening. Due to our local, hungry deer, Jeremy built square-foot garden boxes for us conveniently on our back deck.











Jeremy also enjoys taking his family to all of the local historical sites. His favorite, obviously, is Monticello.





Here's Beth hanging with her good pal,Patrick Henry. "Give me Liberty or give me death!"


This, I know, is not exactly historical, but one of Jeremy's favorite spots.




As much as Beth didn't enjoy camping on the beach in 100 degree, hurricane weather, she did enjoy watching the sun rise on the first morning. It was beautiful... Am I enticing any of you to come visit?






The rest of Jeremy's time is spent playing football with his kids, reading books to them, baking homemade bread (Yes, Beth doesn't know how she got so lucky!), and podcasting for ldsliberty.org






Those that thought that Beth was already a health-nut, would now found a new meaning to the word. Since being diagnosed with Lupus in 2008, she has searched, read, researched, pondered, prayed, and experimented with diet, herbs, and alternative medicine. She is now free of symptoms, and has also cured her asthma and allergies (in which she has suffered since childhood.) Being prescription-drug free (and those who question-- Yes, that does intend to mean-- drugs (in general)--free! =) ), and pain free, and feeling like she (for the first time in her life) can take big, deep breaths-- enjoys researching, learning, studying, and talking with others about health and nutrition.
Here's her stocked herbal cabinet. Ya didn't know she was so granola, did ya?




Teaching her children at home, cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, and building all sorts of cardboard structures fills the rest of her time.







Ethan (9) spends most of his time outside. He loves carving items out of wood, creating outdoor living spaces, and playing with his siblings. He also loves to build with Legos and blocks and, if given free time inside, chooses those activities over cleaning. (I wonder why...?)
























Riley (4) enjoys crafts, painting, creating books, writing, playing with siblings, running with her brother outside, being a princess, and playing with Legos. She also has a killer tackle and can even take down her own father! =)









Luke (1) has become such a character. Today he opened a Chinese fortune cookie which said, "Happiness accompanies you every where you go." This is all too true for this little man. His new little trick is singing to all our Christmas music. "Ahhh Ahhh Ahhh" to Glor-ri-a in Angels We have Heard on High and "Bum Ba Bu Bum..." to the Little Drummer Boy. Luke loves to make silly faces, dance to music, swim, play with his siblings, and "hsil" (wrestle) with daddy.

We miss all of you that are far, and hope to get together with all of you both far and near. Thanks for visiting with us and wish you all a very Merry Christmas. May His Spirit be with you today and always. Love, Jeremy, Beth, Ethan, Riley and Luke.
Merry Christmas!

15 comments:

Heather Fairbanks said...

Ashton family, we miss you! Yes, you have enticed us to come visit! Thanks for including us & sharing such fabulous photos. You continue to amaze us & we look forward to heading your way sometime in 2010. Our boys would LOVE help Ethan build an outdoor "living space". Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Fairbanks

Ashlee & Christian said...

Oh my gosh, such a cute way to post your Christmas card update. I can't believe Luke is 1 already. Your family is adorable. I am excited to follow your blog now. Alright, how in the heck does your hubby get your bread to look so good? I wished I still lived there and I could come over and watch, because I am still making that recipe weekly as well, but mine goes flat in the oven. It looks gorgeous before putting it in and then while cooking it goes flat. Any advice???

Laurene Ross said...

I am a stalker you know:) I was searching for your other blog yesterday and came across this one before you had any of the other pics and the words on it. I loved the pictures of you guys by the tree, but couldn't comment on it. I think it is wonderful! We miss you so much. We recieved a big box from amazon.com ( it had a pupet theater) Blake said, I""s that the Ashton family in there? Sam said, " I would like that if that was my only gift." We love you guys!!!

J, K, L, and D said...

We love your family & miss you guys! I am so glad you are doing well. We need to keep in touch as I am interested in the home schooling option, when that time comes for us...

Glad you guys are healthy & happy! Please keep up with the blog so I can see you from time to time (or, like Laurene says, stalk you!).

Merry Christmas. :)

Jannie said...

This was so fun to read!! You guys are staying busy over there! I loved reading what everyone is up to! I hope you keep this blog updated so I can continue to see what you guys are up to :)

Jennifer said...

Ooh, Beth, I LOVE your herbal cupboard! Can I come over to play? And eat and sniff and cook with you? I, too, am a firm believer in herbs and diet to remedy illness and issues! You all look great. Thanks for emailing this link. If you ever come by way of Madison, you know where to sleep (and eat and play). :) Happy New Year! xoxox, Jenn

Pamela said...

What a beautiful card and blog! And what a BEAUTIFUL family!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

carlie davis said...

What a beautiful family you have, you always inspire me to be better. I loved your update via family blog. It was joy to read.

Michelley said...

Yippee! You have a blog! I'm so excited! Loved reading the update and seeing the pictures. My gosh your kids are sooo adorable!!! I can't believe how big they are getting. Can't get enough of that little Luke's smile! They are all so cute and you guys both look so great. Hope you had a good Christmas!

alpinecovelot said...

Merry Christmas you guys! We miss you! I really miss Virginia... It was so great to see all your amazing pictures-you motivate me, I have completely slacked on the picture taking department. Hope you all have a great new year!
Stacy and Brian

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

What a beautiful family living in a great place. I also loved Beth's research about health - I fully agree.

ellen said...

Love your Christmas card and the darling photos of your family. Hope you had a great Christmas. We missed you at the Ashton Family Christmas Party and hope to see you soon.

Grandma Wendy said...

Thank you so much, it is so fun to get caught up on what your darling family is up to.

Schofields said...

Wow! Luke looks so much older already! I love seeing your pictures! We miss you! We are dying to come visit!

love you,
Cindy

Heather E. said...

Holy smokes.....I loved reading your blog! I found it through Jannie's. I had no idea you guys were related. I am happy to see and hear your family is doing well. -Heather Ellis

Blog Archive